AOL Mail is a web-based email service, this service is used by millions of people around the world. As it has been seen people have different personal and business emails but it is not easy to manage them together. Because of this people prefer to go to Outlook but more people don’t know what is the AOL Mail Settings For Outlook?.
Through this article, you will be able to get the complete details of the AOL mail settings so that you will be able to configure AOL Mail for Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016 application.
Note : This setting of Mail is necessary when you want to add email from Outlook in a manual way. In the case of automatic configuration, there is no need to access it.
AOL Mail Outlook Settings: (IMAP) Manual Method
Here you will be able to do the right AOL mail setting of Outlook email client by following the steps given below.
- First open the Microsoft Outlook email account and select Tools -> “Account Settings”.
- Go to the “Email” tab and after that click “New” button.
- Fill details –> your name and AOL email (@aol.com)address.
- Select the “Internet Email” is selected or not.
- You are on the Internet Email Settings screen.
- Type Incoming mail server box –> imap.aol.com.
- And again type Outgoing mail server box –> smtp.aol.com.
- Now select IMAP in the Account type field.
- Enter Name in the Username field and the AOL email password in the Login Information.
- Click –> More Settings and go to the Outgoing server tab.
- Select the checkbox options.
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and the Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Next –> go to the “Advanced” tab.
- Type 587 as the “Outgoing Mail” and click use defaults for the “Incoming server“.
- Select “SSL” from the drop-down list.
- Then click OK and go to the Next button.
- Select “Test Account Settings” and then click Next.
Well done!! Finally, click Finish.
AOL Account Configuration In Outlook Automatically
- Open “Microsoft Outlook” application.
- Click the –> “File menu” followed by “Add account“.
- Now, a pop-up dialog box will appear on the screen.
- And enter your AOL mail address.
- Click the “Connect” command button.
- Enter your AOL email account’s password.
- Click –> Connect button.
- Now the your Outlook application will automatically detect your AOL email account.
AOL POP3 Setting For Outlook
- Incoming Mail Settings (POP3) is pop.aol.com
- Port Settings: 995 (SSL)
Now you have configured AOL with Pop3, IMAP manual, and Auto setting to Outlook. Here you will not have any problem connecting your email account with Outlook. If you have to face any problem then you comment.